HELP! How long to remove chicks after hatching in incubator?

I believe I have a total of 20 eggs in my incubator and 2 hatched between last night and real early this morning I let them dry off and put them in a different box with a heat lamp I'm waiting on the other chicks to hatch we had one die on us this morning it had a hole in the membrane ant the egg was cracked so I thought it was just trying to come out I left it in there for a couple hours to see and it wasn't moving any more now I am really worried that the others are going to do the same we have an egg that has cracked the shell but not the membrane and I'm scared to go to bed like that due to it dying on us... What should I do?

you should not open the bator if there are pips..

you can leave the hatched chicks in there for 24 hours.. they do not need food or drink during that period..
the chicks will dry off even in the high humidity ..

There was no other pips in there when I took them out... I took them out early this afternoon and the other ones didnt start until this evening at some point

OK, what you need is high humidity during hatch..

IDK what kind of incubator you are using..

I have to leave in a few minutes for a funeral.

so what I am going to do is assume you have a styrofoam LG or Hova type bator..

get some duct tape and tape the joint all around where the top sets on the bottom.. that will increase your humidity..

you have to expect that you might lose some chicks during every hatch.. you cannot save all of them..

I will PM you tonight /this afternoon and we can talk this through..

.........jiminwisc...........

We used the little giant incubator and just added water in every by opening incubator then dumping in water to the holes. I am unsure but you could probably dump water in right when thy hatch, hope this helps:)

What do I do if there is still some of the thin white sack dryed on to the baby ducks fur/feathers...
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom