Help Humidity wont go up

What day are you on for your incubation? Also, the instruments in the incubators are notoriously wrong, you now know this about your hygrometer but it is VERY possible that your thermometer is wrong also. Get an independent thermometer also, and calibrate that too.

I bought a thermometer with built in hygrometer to test it. The one i bought read that it was high so i went out and bought another one to test and see if maybe that one was wrong but it still reads the same as the original one. I am on day two.

I bought a thermometer with built in hygrometer to test it. The one i bought read that it was high so i went out and bought another one to test and see if maybe that one was wrong but it still reads the same as the original one. I am on day two.
Good, early in the incubation is better than later to be figuring all this out. Does your incubator have a fan or is it still air? Temp for still air incubation is 101 - 102 degs, forced air 99.5 at the top of the eggs. Do you have a turner or are you hand turning?. Run your incubator dry now until the humidity comes down into the 30 - 40% range. The humidity in your house is good for this.

Are you hatching chicken eggs?

The humidity where I am is also very high the only way I was able to bring it down to 30- 40 range was a room dehumidifier, works great but cost is an issue. I already had one because if we dont' run one in the summer we get mold problems....I have tried using rice and or dessicant packs with not good enough results....maybe 5 percent lower at best.

Back
Top Bottom