Help, I am turning into "crazy chicken lady". . .

Quote:
lol.png
Ahahahahhaha...*wipes tea from computer screen*
big_smile.png

Quote:
I was just kidding. It seems like a perfectly wonderful way to spend an evening to me, but that's because I'm one of you too! (ie crazy chicken ladies)

Edited to add that you should tell your dog to get his own grapes.

the DD (Dear Dog) keeps hinting that he needs a way to open the refrigerator, so that he can help himself to snacks, but although he likes grapes, he was concerned that the chickens were taking his place in my affections!

Grapes and raisins (they are shriveled grapes) are toxic to dogs!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

They will destroy their kidneys. Some dogs eat them for a while before they die of kidney failure yet some die after their first treat of grapes or raisins. Please don't feed them!

(I was a certified veterinary technician for many years)

Although I am laughing about your coments about the chickens---you aren't really feeding grapes to your dog are you?

Grapes (and rasins) are poisonous to dogs and cats--they cause renal failure. It's individual dependent--sometimes only takes a few, sometimes takes a pound but will usually always end up causing problems.

Quote:
the DD (Dear Dog) keeps hinting that he needs a way to open the refrigerator, so that he can help himself to snacks, but although he likes grapes, he was concerned that the chickens were taking his place in my affections!

Grapes and raisins (they are shriveled grapes) are toxic to dogs!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

They will destroy their kidneys. Some dogs eat them for a while before they die of kidney failure yet some die after their first treat of grapes or raisins. Please don't feed them!

(I was a certified veterinary technician for many years)

Thanks for the info. . . although he probably has stolen an occasional grape from the chooks, I do not feed grapes to the dog. Didn't realize they were bad for him, however, so I appreciate the info!

Our DD was from the pound, for a time at least, a stray who probably hunted for his own food...

He is really sweet but still has hunting instincts for cats, squirrles, mice, chipmunks, bunnies, and chickens.He has gotten much better at chickens, but his ears go up and he quivers, esp. if they make a small fuss or start to run a little.

I wish I could the evening with my pullets eating grapes.It sounds like so much fun!

If I could only convience hubby to let my Penny (Cinnamon Queen) inside! I read on here one time about a guy who even trained his chicken to potty on que- so no messes in the house!

I can just picture you and your two pullets on the couch watching TV!
gig.gif

I had no idea grapes were toxic to dogs!

Back
Top Bottom