Help! I dun goofed!

lozerface79

Songster
Feb 3, 2016
Alaska
So I recently hatched chicks (they'll be about 2 weeks tomorrow) and I didnt expect them to eat as much as they do and, well, we have only enough food for today and we ordered more but it aint in yet. What can i feed them?

What did you order? You can go to your local feed store and buy multi flock unmedicated starter, or chick starter which will most likely be medicated. That will get you by until your preferred brand comes in.

What did you order? You can go to your local feed store and buy multi flock unmedicated starter, or chick starter which will most likely be medicated. That will get you by until your preferred brand comes in.
The problem is, and i should have mentioned this in the original post, is that i live in a very small town. We dont have a feed store unfortunately :( We have to order everything online..

Scrambled/hard boiled eggs, cooked oats, yogurt, soft fruits and veggies, meat scraps. There are lots of things you can feed them until their starter arrives, be sure to provide them with grit if they don't already have access :)

Back
Top Bottom