Help!! I found this on my nesting boxes this morning!

Yenny-Jen

Hatching
Jan 1, 2023
I suspect is a egg lash?? If so.. how to treat it fast? We have no vets around town

Attachments

• 4A3F7B4F-AA1E-4ADF-923E-B4664D7B070E.jpeg
    4A3F7B4F-AA1E-4ADF-923E-B4664D7B070E.jpeg
    630.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 5B569A19-381D-4981-9389-08D62929E702.jpeg
    5B569A19-381D-4981-9389-08D62929E702.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 8855266F-0921-4C05-BBBF-D46B4F927F47.jpeg
    8855266F-0921-4C05-BBBF-D46B4F927F47.jpeg
    705.7 KB · Views: 14
Yes. I have a isa brown that layed eggs for the first 2 months and haven’t lay agin since September. She keep showing signs that she’s not ok once in a while. Not moving and fluffy.
She seems normal today tho. So.. there’s no treatment?

Yes. I have a isa brown that layed eggs for the first 2 months and haven’t lay agin since September. She keep showing signs that she’s not ok once in a while. Not moving and fluffy.
She seems normal today tho. So.. there’s no treatment?
There is a treatment, yes. Let me look it up.
Hens don't lay during molting in the fall or less daylight during the winter.
How old is she, production birds can have reproduction issues by the time they're 2-3.

There is a treatment, yes. Let me look it up.
Hens don't lay during molting in the fall or less daylight during the winter.
How old is she, production birds can have reproduction issues by the time they're 2-3.
She’s barely 10 months. I posted the pictures on Facebook and some people said egg lash while others think maybe they catched a mouse and those are the rest of it. I been looking at pictures of egg lash but I am not sure. I find the lumpy stuff at the bottom of the pink stuff strange..

She’s barely 10 months. I posted the pictures on Facebook and some people said egg lash while others think maybe they catched a mouse and those are the rest of it. I been looking at pictures of egg lash but I am not sure. I find the lumpy stuff at the bottom of the pink stuff strange..
It's not a mouse, the people on Facebook are wrong.

I need help! egg lash or what are those bumps? maybe they catched a mouse and those are remanents? 😅 all my chickens are acting normal. Eating and drinking.
I have a 10 month old Isa brown that just laid eggs for 2 months when she started and hasn’t laid anymore since September. If it’s a egg lash.. I think it’s her. But isn’t she too young?

Welcome To BYC
As mentioned on your other thread which can be found HERE that is a Lash Egg, a.k.a Salpingitis.
It's not a mouse.
IF caught early, you can try treating the inflammation with an antibiotic. Amoxicillin, Tetracyclines or similar have been used.

There's a lot of information about Salpingitis, but the 2 articles below give some concise details which you may find helpful. If you do an onsite BYC search about Salpingitis or Lash Egg, you find a lot of threads about treatment, outcomes, etc. as well.

https://the-chicken-chick.com/salpi...ash eggs result from an,waxy, cheese-like pus.
https://the-chicken-chick.com/causes-of-lash-eggs-salpingitis-by/

Back
Top Bottom