Help!!!!!! I have an egg leaking!

Oldhenhens

Songster
Jan 18, 2021
Central Missouri
I went into lockdown on November 11. This is only my second incubation and the first I only got one chick and lots of late deaths in the shells.
Today I have two eggs pipping and an egg leaking. Is that a sign it is bad? Should I open and remove it. I don’t want to chance losing humidity and temp if it will be okay. I don’t see pipping on it. I hear chirping presumedly from the two other eggs. Please help!!!!!
E50EB077-CA1B-4FDE-BC42-3A75A1EF5604.jpeg

Did you initially set them in the incubator on November 11th or put in lockdown on the 11th? 18 days into incubation you raise the humidity and aren't supposed to open again til they hatch out. If you have to candle the one you think is bad I'd just do it really quick and have some warm water on hand to add if humidity drops too much. You could also just leave everything til they hatch and dry out and hope it doesn't explode lol

I went into lockdown on November 11. This is only my second incubation and the first I only got one chick and lots of late deaths in the shells.
Today I have two eggs pipping and an egg leaking. Is that a sign it is bad? Should I open and remove it. I don’t want to chance losing humidity and temp if it will be okay. I don’t see pipping on it. I hear chirping presumedly from the two other eggs. Please help!!!!!
View attachment 2927856

I'm just going to say that I open my incubator approximately a thousand times a day every single day...
I'm exaggerating but I open it a million times.

I would open it and get the leaking egg out immediately if I were you.

I'm just going to say that I open my incubator approximately a thousand times a day every single day...
I'm exaggerating but I open it a million times.

I would open it and get the leaking egg out immediately if I were you.
I decided the risk of leaving it was greater than the half a second I would have the lid open. It is out!

Back
Top Bottom