Help I love chickens and I don't know how to make it stop:-)

Welcome to BYC!

I cannot hurt my chickens either. We do buy chicken from the grocery store. They are our pets and I cannot harm them.

I have heard back in the day that some housewives would trade chickens so they were butchering the chickens from a friend's flock and not their own.

I gave away 3 roosters today that I raised for 5 weeks because I didn't want to eat them!! The thing that strange is my husband is a very successful hunter so I love venison and wild bore. I go hunting with him alote and get to enjoy watching them drop, and love the food they provide. I haven't actually killed anything my self but have had plenty of opportunities. So my question is how do I get past this not wanting to eat this animals that I am enjoy so much? And to top it all off chicken is my favorite meat ;-) ya I don't get it? Any help in getting past this would be greatly appreciated:) lol ya I don't get it my self. Because one of my biggest memories of chicken when I was little is of my grandma ringing there necks and the chicken running around with no head. Kinda crazy but it's one of my biggest memories going to my grandmas house in ardmore Oklahoma. Any input will do good or bad. I just need help getting over this. Thanks in Advance.

I think you should just quit eating chicken, if you only eat fish (that's the only MEAT you eat) you'll become healthier and less animals have to die;). I'm a pescetarian and don't regret it!:)

Yes exactly. A full good life and their death not wasted. Providing your family with good nutrition instead of being buried in the ground :).

I say, choose to love them.
Love is better than death, and then your chickens will love you and you can love them.
It'll make you heathier, and I'm sure, happier, it's a better choice than to let your chickens die.
I'm sure, then, you can make a full connection with your chickens, and have loving little pet chickens and you can then love them to the moon and back.
So not only does it let you be healthier, but it lets you know that you DO love your chickens, and wouldn't let them die.
That's why I don't eat chicken, I'm not a chicken lover if I do!

Yes exactly. A full good life and their death not wasted. Providing your family with good nutrition instead of being buried in the ground
smile.png

I meant dying naturally, old age;).

Back
Top Bottom