HELP I THINK MY CHICKENS ABOUT TO DIE!!

BuffBuff123

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 17, 2013
Köln, Germany
Please reply ASAP my chicken (a black rock, 3 yrs old) is lying down, she's drinking a huge amount and she's very fat at the back of her breastbone, and refuses to eat please help I love her I don't want her to die ;( HELP

Last edited:
Please reply ASAP my chicken (a black rock, 3 yrs old) is lying down, she's drinking a huge amount and she's very fat at the back of her breastbone, and refuses to eat please help I love her I don't want her to die ;( HELP
Can you take her to a vet?

-Kathy

Do you mean her crop is swollen? On her right side of chest is crop, is it mushy feeling or solid? Or that she is swollen below her vent on abdomen? Check her for egg bound, glove and lube finger to check for stuck egg in vent. If you feel an egg, soak her in warm water, give her calcium tablet to help her expel egg. Massage her abdomen gently toward her vent while she is soaking to help move egg. Dry her off and have her in a warm dark place to give her a chance to lay egg.

After you check her over for crop or egg problem post your findings so we can assist you.

If she is that sick I would not give her a bath as the stress might kill her. I suspect that given her age it's EYP, ascites or cancer.

-Kathy

I just took her to the vets -- it's egg peridontitus or something that sounds like that... I'm going to research it now.
Probably egg yolk peritonitis.
hugs.gif

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom