Help I'm scared

TheDuckGuy

Songster
Nov 29, 2020
Just found out my ducks dranked out of the pool and there was a dead bird in it. I don't know what to do I'm scared they will get sick and get diseases and stuff do I need to treat them with stuff or will they be fine do they need something now or what

Just found out my ducks dranked out of the pool and there was a dead bird in it. I don't know what to do I'm scared they will get sick and get diseases and stuff do I need to treat them with stuff or will they be fine do they need something now or what
I've been crying I'm so worried should I give the a amoxicillin just in case?

Uh, unless I am missing something- I think you are way overreacting and dosing your birds may actually hurt/kill them where if you just leave them they will likely be fine.

That bird likely was trying to get a drink or take a bath and fell in and drown. There's a million reasons it could be in there- but it's presence doesn't mean your water suddenly turning into a poisonous cesspool. I'd relax and watch your birds before you make any decisions. More than likely they will be just fine.

Its their kiddie pool that they swim in
I’m guessing the bird was drinking water out of it too and then they fell in and drowned or one of your ducks could’ve gotten to it. Just remove the dead bird and or change the water out. No need to give your ducks anything. Ducks are pretty hardy, my ducks have eaten food that had bird droppings in it and they were just fine(we made sure there wasn’t any poo in there again of course.) but I’m sure your ducks will be fine. :hugs

I’m guessing the bird was drinking water out of it too and then they fell in and drowned or one of your ducks could’ve gotten to it. Just remove the dead bird and or change the water out. No need to give your ducks anything. Ducks are pretty hardy, my ducks have eaten food that had bird droppings in it and they were just fine(we made sure there wasn’t any poo in there again of course.) but I’m sure your ducks will be fine. :hugs
Thank you so much do you think that an amoxicillin would still help to be on the safe side

Uh, unless I am missing something- I think you are way overreacting and dosing your birds may actually hurt/kill them where if you just leave them they will likely be fine.

That bird likely was trying to get a drink or take a bath and fell in and drown. There's a million reasons it could be in there- but it's presence doesn't mean your water suddenly turning into a poisonous cesspool. I'd relax and watch your birds before you make any decisions. More than likely they will be just fine.
I ALWAYS overreact

Back
Top Bottom