Help Incubating shipped eggs

marlene

Songster
8 Years
Aug 17, 2011
UK
My last lot of shipped eggs are not doing to well, out of 6, only 2 seem to have development.
I have 6 more shipped eggs ready to go in the incubator, and would love some advise as to the best way to start the incubation of these eggs. I read that it might be best to put them in up right and not turn them at all for the first couple of days.
Share with me what you feel has helped with your shipped eggs.

My last lot of shipped eggs are not doing to well, out of 6, only 2 seem to have development.
I have 6 more shipped eggs ready to go in the incubator, and would love some advise as to the best way to start the incubation of these eggs. I read that it might be best to put them in up right and not turn them at all for the first couple of days.

For the new shipped eggs- stand them up in an egg carton with the pointed side down. Do not close the lid on it all the way, and let the eggs rest for at least 18 hours before putting them in your incubator. This will help to settle the eggs from the shipping and allow the air bubbles inside to settle.

Last edited:

A lot depends on the condition of the air cells. Detatched air cells are at a much lower probability to hatch no matter what you do, but my suggestions for shipped eggs are, let them rest upright in cutdown cartons for at least 12 hours. Then place them in the bator, upright in cut down cartons (or in the turner with the turner off) and do not turn for 24-48 hours. If there are detached or wobbly air cells, tilt the cartons 3 xs a day, after day 2-dome people even go to day 4 w/o turning, I wouldn't go past 3-4 days without at least tilting (often accomplished by sticking something under one side of the carton to hold it slightly higher and on the next tilt change it to the other side,) after a couple days candle to see how the air cells are. If they are firmed up you can either lay them down and hand turn them regularly or proceed to turn the turner on. If they are still wobbly or detatched I would incubate and hatch them upright in cutdown cartons tilting 3xs a day until lockdown and then just stop tilting. That's my opinion on dhipped eggs.

Back
Top Bottom