Help incubator got cold day 2!

Tex63

In the Brooder
May 6, 2016
I have 56 eggs I started. They are on day 2 now. Yesterday while I was out of town for a few hours the power went off at some point. I left around 1:00 power was on temp good at 37.6c or 99.5f and humidity at 50%. They eggs had been put in the day before so they were just short of one full 24 hour period heading into day 2. When I got home I. The evening around 11:30pm the incubator was off and cold reading 26c around 77f degrees no idea how long. I am in Texas in a small town and the closest grocer is an hour away. So now I'm wondering how many will survive? I have them back up to temp. I don't know how long they were cold but I had the incubator covered in a pillow and blanket so the heat should have been slow to dissipate.

So out of this hatch I only ended up with 6 that survived I had 7 that died appeared the last day or two not sure what that was about. So from now on I'm going to get a back up battery supply that will keep the incubator going in case of power outage. So frustrating I had some really nice breeds in this hatch.

Back
Top Bottom