HELP!! Is Pyranha flea,tick,and lice shampoo a safer alternative then Ivermectin?

Oh... do you know if gape worm is found through a fecal float or does it need to be a throat swab? I think the vets she did see only did fecal floats and insisted she don't have gape worm. I had a BYC member send me a link showing how to do a throat swap but I'm to frightened that I'll hurt her.

Oh... do you know if gape worm is found through a fecal float or does it need to be a throat swab? I think the vets she did see only did fecal floats and insisted she don't have gape worm. I had a BYC member send me a link showing how to do a throat swap but I'm to frightened that I'll hurt her.

Care to show us this swabbing link?

-Kathy

I thought it was sent to me by private message unless I deleted it by accident. It may be in one on the threads I started which may take a while to find.I will keep looking though.

I can't seem to find the link for swabbing a chickens throat,but I'm gonna PM her and ask if she'll resend it. Sorry.I've got sooooo many articles and sites saved trying to figure out what is wrong.It is probably right under my nose! LOL
caf.gif
he.gif

Wanted to add.........
Poops are solid and normal
Eats fairly well
Drinks well
Loves her treats
Very pale and shrunken comb
Very pale and shrunken wattles
Eyes look half open
No discharge of any sort
No sneezing or coughing
Sometimes she feels cold
Treated for worms
Treated and continuing treatment for mites/lice
Had lice(not sure if gone)
Does scratch at her food and lay in the sun
Wants to be with her friends
Walks normally
Hasn't layed an egg in over 3 months
Eldest hen had same symptoms for approx. 3 days and passed away.
On poultry cell vitamins for about 10 days(did use nutri-drench before)
Not getting adequate sleep due to heavy breathing
Gasps for air while laying down
Gasps for air while being held
Breaths properly while walking,eating,drinking,scratching.etc.
NOW(5 days) Very lethargic but still tries to go about day.

Thank You ALL!

What did you deworm with?

-Kathy
We used Wazine 7 which I was told only puts them to sleep so I had went to the vet a few days later and asked the vet what to use........she said she doesn't have worms.My husband was sprinkling a little DE Earth on her crumbles then stopped till just recently.I am afraid to use anything medicated at this point because she is at her worse and am concerned if I treat for something that is not the problem it may do her harm.

Back
Top Bottom