Help! I've been adopted by a rouge seabird (male/female?)

You are so kind to make such a nice offer. You didn't get to see my messages of this past weekend. My husband had gotten so attached to Frankie, what a sweet heart. We both made ourselves foolish over her. We awoke on Friday to find that something had killed her when she came off her roost! We are both broken hearted. We never meant to have a pea fowl but were just "taken" with her. I loved the fact that she was free range, even though it meant she could have moved on to another household some day. Can't see why she would have ever left us though - I baked her fresh corn bread and hard boiled an egg daily for her! This may have led to her demise since she became so accustomed to our presence and that of our dog and cat.

Now thinking (for the spring) of obtaining several pea hens (can you have just the hens?). Problem is how to keep them from being killed. The animal didn't even eat her. It removed her head and neck and left her body intact. There were piles of feathers all over our yard. Were were in such pain as we followed the trial Friday morning. The night before, as I always did, I checked to make sure she was safely on her roost. She stayed right against our house, never far from us. If I get chicks in the spring I'm wondering if getting a livestock guard dog would be of help. Getting the dog as a puppy when the chicks are young and raising them in a pen (separated at first by wire screen of course). I have
much investigating to do over the winter.

Thank you again for you kind offer. May I call on your for advise in the future?

Sincerely, Martha

Back
Top Bottom