Help! Just ordered new chicken coop! Now need advice on what are best laying hens!

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Study and search the forum. If you don't find answers you need, pose questions. You have come to the right place - welcome to BYC.

Being in Texas and having those long hot, humid summers we tend to have lots and lots and lots of mosquitoes! During the day they don't seem to bother them as much but during the night when they are out and the windows to the coop are open I have had several outbreaks over the years of Fowl Pox. I had power run to my coop to have a fan on at night. This seemed to keep that problem at bay since mosquitoes don't like the moving air. Water is also a big big part of my daily chores. I change out the water twice a day and I prepare treats for them that will cool them down. I raised my coop 2 feet off the ground as well to help with all the predators that we have - skunks and raccoons mostly

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Will keep you all updated on when the new coop gets here.. Then chicken finding time! If there's anyone out there that lives in my neck of the woods, please feel free to let me know where I can get me some chickens!

Back
Top Bottom