Help limp rooster

No injuries that I can find. The leg that looks kinda funny is the one that the Fisher cat cut open right where the feathers start 3 years ago. It's always looked red spotty like that and he steps hard on it like it's numb. But he gets on just fine. He's a great roo. As for the little bit of green on the foot, it's always been like that. His dad was Amerucana, mom was an RR. The picture is from July 30th and that was the day after the attack and you can see his feet were much more green then.
Screenshot_20190224-210439.png

That's from July of 2016. He was just a babe, had nubs for spurs. Still fought off a Fisher cat. We live on a river with nothing but eagles and hawks. I let them range, only when I'm home. My roo has always taken the best care of our girls. He chased off a flock of turkeys last year. Was pretty funny.. but he's not aggressive with people so much.

Well, I wondered if there was some ameraucana or easter egger in him. That explains the green skin. He was handsome even then.

Last edited:
My mom had a bunch of different chickens but had an ameraucana roo. She hatched some on my birthday in april So I assume he's half red and half ameraucana. The hens are pretty birds.

Luna passed away last night. I checked on him before I went to bed and he was breathing a little hard. But hes in a better place... Thank you all for your support.

Back
Top Bottom