HELP! (Lockdown panic) First time incubator

selenaw

In the Brooder
May 13, 2015
don't know what to do. Is this normal? Egg had small start. I put the eggs on lockdown Monday. Around 11:30pm last night. I noticed small break in the egg. Kept watch thru the night but this morning they chick has still not emerged. (see photo) it is 1:36 pm now and ther has been no change. The chicken appeared to be breathing this morning and trying to break through but now I can't tell if it is breathing. What should I do? Remove the egg or leave the incubator shut? My other eggs have not begun to hatch yet. But I do hear chirping from time to time. Advice needed ASAP.

I apologize..... I think I did the thread thing wrong. I am a newbie here.

No need to apologize. Is that blood on the paper underneath the egg? That seems serious. Were you looking for the emergency thread or elsewhere? You could either report or ask a moderator to move your post to the proper thread. I hope someone can help you.

It looks like it pipped on the wrong side of the egg. AND it looks like it pipped into a vein. If it did it has most likely died. Iwould very quickly take it out and check. Usually if they pip on the wrong side they need help. Good luck!!

It looks like it pipped on the wrong side of the egg. AND it looks like it pipped into a vein. If it did it has most likely died. Iwould very quickly take it out and check. Usually if they pip on the wrong side they need help. Good luck!!

Thanks for the quick replies. I did take it out to check and the chick had died.

Back
Top Bottom