Help! Looking for info using Termidor sc and backyard chickens

tikilyn

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 12, 2014
Los Fresnos Texas
I live in South Texas and we have termites in our house. I had Terminix come out and inspect our place and they offer two systems to get rid of the termites. One is trenching around the house with Termidor Sc and the other is baiting stations. My husband wants to use the trenching method with Termidor but the Terminix guy said it was probably better to use the bait system because we have backyard chickens. He explain that after they trench around our house that the Termidor will poision bugs for up to two months and it MIGHT not be safe for the chickens if they eat the bugs, they could die.

Has anyone trench their house and used Termidor while they had chickens and did it kill your chickens? We really don't want the bait system but I don't want to kill my chickens. What do I do?

Heck I didnt think about it. We had Termidor a year or so before got chickens... I never even thought about it... well its too late now. I only let the chickens near the house for like 1/2 hr or 1 hour before they go into their coop. Most time they just run around near the trees and compost bins and most anyothr place that has mulch piles or leaves...
they are having lots of problems now
But I believe its from those tiny microscopic mites and or colum perf. thing

I think we are just going to use construction fence and make a small temporary chicken yard to keep them away from the house for two months and pray they don't get sick! Unless someone else has gone through this and had a good outcome.

For the mites I put DE in an empty seasoning bottles and shake it on my chickens every so often. Seems to keep the bugs away. Sorry to hear you are having problems with your chickens.

Back
Top Bottom