Help me build my incubator.

Joshua G

Songster
9 Years
Jul 18, 2013
Hixson, TN
I am thinking about building my own incubator but am wondering what an incubator requires to have a successful hatch.
I'm going to try to use an upright fridge but i don't know what to use as a heating element for something that big, I'm also wondering how to build an egg turner.
So, does anyone have any ideas for an incubator of that size?

Last edited:
For a heat source you may be able to find a small space-heater, but those generally aren't consistent enough for trying to calibrate temps for hatching eggs. I suggest trying to find someone with a commercial brooder and see if they'll let you look around it to see what parts are involved.

Lots of small electric motors could work for turning eggs, but it may be worth buying something already set up for eggs specifically.

For a heat source you may be able to find a small space-heater, but those generally aren't consistent enough for trying to calibrate temps for hatching eggs. I suggest trying to find someone with a commercial brooder and see if they'll let you look around it to see what parts are involved.

Lots of small electric motors could work for turning eggs, but it may be worth buying something already set up for eggs specifically.
Ok, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom