Help me figure out this Bantam breed please?

There are actually quite a few cases where light legs at hatch can turn slate later on. Wheaten Ameraucanas hatch with pale legs that turn slate. Lakenvelders sometimes hatch with pale legs that later turn slate. Dominant white can cause a chick to hatch with pale legs that turn slate later on, as I learned when I tried to do a skin color sexlink cross that, as a result, went rather disastrously. 😅 This is one of those cases as well, because the pictured chick is definitely a Silver Sebright bantam.

There are actually quite a few cases where light legs at hatch can turn slate later on. Wheaten Ameraucanas hatch with pale legs that turn slate. Lakenvelders sometimes hatch with pale legs that later turn slate. Dominant white can cause a chick to hatch with pale legs that turn slate later on, as I learned when I tried to do a skin color sexlink cross that, as a result, went rather disastrously. 😅 This is one of those cases as well, because the pictured chick is definitely a Silver Sebright bantam.
That is what I'm leaning towards as well for the breed. Do you know if the lacing on them comes in different colors? Like maybe blue silver laced or chocolate silver laced?

Purchased this from the bantam unidentified assortment bin at TSC. Got four. They all look like these. I have no clue what they are. Appear to be clean leg. Shanks are grey but much lighter then true slate like an Ameraucana's. Comb is flat right now, definitely not straight, maybe pea maybe rose. Unsure. Toes and soles are yellow. Beaks are pink.appears to maybe be a blue variety of something. Wing feathers are white with what appears to be possible black lacing?

I have no clue 😏 what they might be, anyone have some guesses?

***Edit- looking closely at everyone's combs they appear to all have three vertical ridges? Also the color on lacing looks more grey/blue then black on some of them? Not sure if sebrights come in different colors then black/silver.

Also curious if anyone knows of any possible common crosses that might use a sebright as one half? I would think they would be pure from TSC but I guess it possible they are hybrids too?
Looks just like mine and others say a seabright.
Now mine is more speckled and still confusing to me!
I'll send some pics in age progression...
Purchased this from the bantam unidentified assortment bin at TSC. Got four. They all look like these. I have no clue what they are. Appear to be clean leg. Shanks are grey but much lighter then true slate like an Ameraucana's. Comb is flat right now, definitely not straight, maybe pea maybe rose. Unsure. Toes and soles are yellow. Beaks are pink.appears to maybe be a blue variety of something. Wing feathers are white with what appears to be possible black lacing?

***Edit- looking closely at everyone's combs they appear to all have three vertical ridges? Also the color on lacing looks more grey/blue then black on some of them? Not sure if sebrights come in different colors then black/silver.

Also curious if anyone knows of any possible common crosses that might use a sebright as one half? I would think they would be pure from TSC but I guess it possible they are hybrids too?
Looks just like mine most are saying seabright. You may see the pics on my post.
She began as a little yellow fuzzball with pink legs. Next, she began getting dark blotches on her rump. The next few days brought feathers with dark bands.
Now, she has gone all white-no longer any yellow, speckles with gray legs-no feathering on legs little tail is black and white.

Attachments

• 20240426_165414 1.jpg
    20240426_165414 1.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240505_140610~2.jpg
    20240505_140610~2.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240505_140837~2.jpg
    20240505_140837~2.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 7

Looks just like mine most are saying seabright. You may see the pics on my post.
She began as a little yellow fuzzball with pink legs. Next, she began getting dark blotches on her rump. The next few days brought feathers with dark bands.
Now, she has gone all white-no longer any yellow, speckles with gray legs-no feathering on legs little tail is black and white.
Where did you purchase that one from?

Given the lacing, it looks like a Silver laced Sebright!
Although the legs are the wrong color, Sebrights usually have blue-gray legs. Could it be a hybrid?

Not a Sebright, she doesn't have a y lacing. What leg color does she have? I'm thinking Hamburg.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom