Help Me Identify These Breeds

PurpleLady23

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2022
I purchased several new chicks back in March from TSC. When I purchased them, I got the white ones from the Starlight Green Egger tank and the rest were out of the tank labeled Ameraucana. The first collage is the same hen, just different angles. The second collage shows a hen and a close up of her comb. The fourth and fifth pic are supposed to be the same breed, but one has a little patch of hair on her head. The last pic is of a hen that I have two of that look exactly the same as the hen in the second collage, but they have a different comb. If anyone can help me identify the breeds I would greatly appreciate it. It is driving me crazy cause they look nothing like what I thought they were going to. They haven’t started laying yet either. Thank you.
D2916FCF-07B9-41ED-80A0-73B3B1B42BB1.jpeg
87A99290-C925-4897-8B21-34D0D81BAFE1.jpeg
F3C5DB82-8EED-45E8-BEBA-70E2AF0A509D.jpeg
BAADB921-C8B7-4B05-BC1D-CEAEB100A6C9.jpeg
A04BCB33-A184-4EF6-88A0-5CE6D1B1EF70.jpeg
5B1A531D-7F7A-4596-B5EF-AD1E75CA94F6.jpeg

I purchased several new chicks back in March from TSC. When I purchased them, I got the white ones from the Starlight Green Egger tank and the rest were out of the tank labeled Ameraucana. The first collage is the same hen, just different angles. The second collage shows a hen and a close up of her comb. The fourth and fifth pic are supposed to be the same breed, but one has a little patch of hair on her head. The last pic is of a hen that I have two of that look exactly the same as the hen in the second collage, but they have a different comb. If anyone can help me identify the breeds I would greatly appreciate it. It is driving me crazy cause they look nothing like what I thought they were going to. They haven’t started laying yet either. Thank you.View attachment 3194002View attachment 3193990View attachment 3193991View attachment 3193992View attachment 3193993View attachment 3193997
Have they started laying yet? If so what color are their eggs?

First bird is a cockerel btw.

They haven’t started laying yet. And yes, Kuzco is definitely a roo. He’s a handsome boy.
If that's the case, here are the breeds I suspect they are.

Kuzco: Mutt, likely has Leghorn blood.
Second bird: Another mutt. Hard to say what breeds she has in her without knowing what she is laying. Its possible she is a black star/black sexlink.
Rose combed bird: Cinnamon Queen
Lightning: Easter Egger of some sort
Cinderella: Likely another EE
Last bird: Production red or some other type of hatchery hybrid.

ETA: Welcome to BYC!

Last edited:
Agree with above.
1 (cockerel) does look like he has leghorn blood.
2 is a Black Sex Link.
1658420006713.png

3 looks like a production red or RSL of some sort, and 4 is a Cinnamon Queen.
5 and 6 could be EE's or barnyard mixes, and the girl behind the main bird in photo 6 is a GLW pullet.
7, I believe is the same bird as 3?

If that's the case, here are the breeds I suspect they are.

Kuzco: Mutt, likely has Leghorn blood.
Second bird: Another mutt. Hard to say what breeds she has in her without knowing what she is laying. Its possible she is a black star/black sexlink.
Rose combed bird: Cinnamon Queen
Lightning: Easter Egger of some sort
Cinderella: Likely another EE
Last bird: Production red or some other type of hatchery hybrid.

ETA: Welcome to BYC!
Thank you.

Agree with above.
1 (cockerel) does look like he has leghorn blood.
2 is a Black Sex Link.
View attachment 3194564
3 looks like a production red or RSL of some sort, and 4 is a Cinnamon Queen.
5 and 6 could be EE's or barnyard mixes, and the girl behind the main bird in photo 6 is a GLW pullet.
7, I believe is the same bird as 3?
Thank you. I have 3 of the red hens (7, 3, and one not pictured). I think they are all the same breed cause they look identical, but it was confusing me cause one has a different comb.

Kuzco looks like some sort of leghorn mix. The second one is a black star. Lightning and Cinderella look line an amberlink. The third and last look like rhode island reds but never seen one with a rose comb.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom