Help me identify these? Please?

ChickenB12

Chirping
Jan 10, 2024
Bennett CO
I bought the egg color mix from tractor supply so I know that they were supposed to be some type of Maran, americauna, olive egger, or prairie blue bell. However I cannot figure out what they are, I tried to get the best possible photos I could

I’m certain the yellow one is an americauna but this black one I can’t figure out. It has fluffy feet
IMG_3032.jpeg

IMG_3026.jpeg

I have this beautiful red bird and zero idea what it is too she has bright bright yellow legs:
IMG_3029.jpeg

IMG_3028.jpeg

Both these chickens are also confusing me. I thought the yellow one was also an americauna but she doesn’t have poofy cheeks. And the little black one looks similar to the black one from earlier but she doesn’t have fluffy feet…
IMG_3027.jpeg

Last but not least I have this gray lady. And she looks like nothing I can identify…
IMG_3023.jpeg

Any thoughts would be sooo useful! Also if one looks like a roo please let me know 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_3025.jpeg
    IMG_3025.jpeg
    733.7 KB · Views: 3
Americana is a fancy way for hatcheries to say EE. So I see three Easter Eggers, the birds that aren't black. Prairie Bluebells are technically also an EE type, so if you have one that's not bearded, that's likely the Prairie Bluebell. As far as the black birds go, they're probably the marans. I see a blue bird in there, if that doesn't have feathered legs (or has very few leg feathers), has a crest, or a pea comb, or any combinations of the above, that will likely be the Olive Egger. You'll know when they'll lay. Marans will lay a very dark brown egg, Olive Eggers an Olive egg, EEs a green (and sometimes light brown) egg, and the Prairie Bluebell a light blue egg

Americana is a fancy way for hatcheries to say EE. So I see three Easter Eggers, the birds that aren't black. Prairie Bluebells are technically also an EE type, so if you have one that's not bearded, that's likely the Prairie Bluebell. As far as the black birds go, they're probably the marans. I see a blue bird in there, if that doesn't have feathered legs (or has very few leg feathers), has a crest, or a pea comb, or any combinations of the above, that will likely be the Olive Egger. You'll know when they'll lay. Marans will lay a very dark brown egg, Olive Eggers an Olive egg, EEs a green (and sometimes light brown) egg, and the Prairie Bluebell a light blue egg
Do some types of marans have feathery feet and others don’t? I have two blacks that don’t have feathered feet but look almost identical to the ones that do.

I didn’t know that about Americaunas! I thought the EE were bred from them not that they are the same thing! Thank you!

They didn’t guarantee any of the breeds just that it would be a mix. I honestly wish they’d tell you haha

Do some types of marans have feathery feet and others don’t? I have two blacks that don’t have feathered feet but look almost identical to the ones that do.

I didn’t know that about Americaunas! I thought the EE were bred from them not that they are the same thing! Thank you!

They didn’t guarantee any of the breeds just that it would be a mix. I honestly wish they’d tell you haha

Marans can have clean legs, yes. Ameraucanas are the pure breed, that created EEs. Any other spelling, and it's an EE

All marans do the black ones are probably olive eggers

Marans can have clean legs, yes. Ameraucanas are the pure breed, that created EEs. Any other spelling, and it's an EE
Oooh, okay. I got it. I cannot spell. That was my mistake! The product page on the TS website had Ameraucanas as one of the breeds you might get. That breed and these are the remaining that may be in the box as well: Cuckoo Marans, French Black Copper Marans, Midnight Majesty Marans, Prairie Bluebell Eggers, Olive Eggers, Sapphire Olive Eggers or Starlight Green Eggers.

The blue one with leg feathers seems to be a blue maran
Oh my gosh, I just googled the chick of this breed, and I definitely think you are right! I had two of these cute little gray fluff balls!

Back
Top Bottom