Help me sec my Silkie!

BrahmaMom1797

Songster
May 18, 2017
I need help to determine what gender my bird is, I feel like it's a she, makes hen like noises and not the finicky noises like my old roo made, but the birds gender was never verified. Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_5811.JPG
    IMG_5811.JPG
    400.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5814.JPG
    IMG_5814.JPG
    357.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5817.JPG
    IMG_5817.JPG
    611.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5825.JPG
    IMG_5825.JPG
    751.1 KB · Views: 24
See the streamers coming off the back of his head. And his tail has streamers and is up further than a pullets. Also his comb looks just like my recent confirmed roo (he crowed).

See the streamers coming off the back of his head. And his tail has streamers and is up further than a pullets. Also his comb looks just like my recent confirmed roo (he crowed).
Awesome, thank you. (Not awesome that this is probably my second roo and I can't have them in my neighborhood though ☹️)

Bearded silkies don't show wattles. Non-bearded will. Usually you can determine sex by 5 mos. BUT some silkies take until they crow or lay. I'm on the fence with this one.
Is this a hatchery silkie? Good pullets tend to have fuller feathering by now.

Bearded silkies don't show wattles. Non-bearded will. Usually you can determine sex by 5 mos. BUT some silkies take until they crow or lay. I'm on the fence with this one.
Is this a hatchery silkie? Good pullets tend to have fuller feathering by now.
I got the bird from someone who has a Silkie hen who had them a few months ago, a lot of the feathers on the neck and the head fluff are still in their casing so it's really hard for me to tell if they'll just be more fluff or streamers. I'm having a difficult time since it's talking so long to see them. The tail has some feathers that aren't just fluff, but overall I've only heard one crow from this one and no more attempts still. I'm really hoping it's just an imitation crow since my other hens outside do the same, but that jut because I want to be optimistic that the little fluff will pull through as a hen.

Back
Top Bottom