Help!!! My 3 day old chick has a ( what looks like)vein coming out if it

apescute

In the Brooder
Feb 1, 2016
Can someone tell me what this is and what to do. It wasn't there the past two days and just showed up today.

It looks like a bright red vein with blood on it. I will try to attach a picture

Last edited:
Where is it coming out of?

You know, my instinct is? Vet.

Very many things can be handled at home. But if this is seriously a vein or artery? You don't want to go pulling, poking, pressing, or trying to repair it.

And this begs the question, how?

Lots of things can LOOK vein-y: sinew, a tendon string, a muscle fiber; a vein? Would, generally, be bleeding. Badly.

IN any event, ANY of these things; any scenario of the sort you describe? Sound scary to me; abnormal, and if there's a puncture or rip?

This may be the first of bad things to come.

I'd urge an abundance of caution; if you can't find a vet open, at least an experienced Chicken-keeper.

My experience is not with chickens, but I'd make haste.

I am NOT a medical practitioner or vet.

I'm new to the forum; I do know you can post photos if you publish it to your desktop or know the file number; but I'd be glad to give you my email in a PM, if you can send it that way.

I can not promise anything, but I'd take a look.

Again, if this IS a vein? I'd suggest a vet, and quick.

Emergency vets are uber expensive, but often they WILL accept a photo by email, too; to help give you clarity.

Please ;let me know what you were able to do; O, and? I'd immobilize and isolate, if you have not done so already.

Please let me know...

Thoughts are with you.

Back
Top Bottom