Help! My chick is not moving, pooping blood?

Yup, just like they all said. I do think it's fatal if left untreated. I read, though, that it's one tablespoon Corid in five gallons water, but it will say on the container probably, or you can look up the brand.

Yup, just like they all said. I do think it's fatal if left untreated. I read, though, that it's one tablespoon Corid in five gallons water, but it will say on the container probably, or you can look up the brand.
That is not strong enough. It will not say on the container as its used off label for chickens. Correct dose is 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of water. Cocci is fatal. That is why we are saying to get that Corid and get it started.

No don't feed just a drop or two a day.

Mix a normal batch dosage of Corid as follows:
1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder per gallon or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon. Give for 5-7 days - make sure this is the ONLY water available during that time period. Mix a fresh batch at least once a day.

IF the chick is not drinking the Corid water - direct dose her - if you have liquid Corid give her a couple of drops orally twice a day. If you have powdered Corid mix 1/2 tsp of it in 2 tsp of water, and give 0.34 ml orally twice a day. THIS IS IN ADDITION TO HAVING THE CORID WATER AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES.

After you finish with the 5-7days of treatment offer poultry vitamins and probiotics/yogurt.

Last edited:
Ok so I put 1 1/2 teaspoons in a gallon of water. I need to Hand feed the chick water. Do I give her the mix that I just made or mix 1 1/2 teaspoons with 2 teaspoons of water and give it to her ?

Make the Corid water available at all times.

For the worst one, mix 1/2tsp of the Corid powder with 2tsp of water - syringe .34ml of this mixture to her directly 2x a day. In between times, try to get the regular mixture into her as well - see if you can get Corid water into her about every 1/2hour or so even it's is just a small amount.

I'm sorry she is not doing well, sometimes a Coccidiosis overload can overwhelm the system, do the best you can.

Back
Top Bottom