Help! My chicken is limping!

RLynn

Songster
5 Years
Jun 14, 2018
So just 2 days ago I noticed one of my chickens is favoring her right leg and starting to limp. I have looked up and down her leg. Scales look normal, pads are normal with no bumble foot, no obvious swelling, not hot to the touch. Because of this I assume she may have sprained her leg possibly? She’s eating and drinking just fine. Demeanor has not changed. I have tried giving a half of a baby aspirin and and epsom salt bath, which she seemed to really enjoy. If it is a sprain is there anything else I can do? Could it be something else to look out for? If it is a sprain how long will it typically last if I keep her confined? I hate seeing my chicken with any discomfort. Thank you in advance!
55B9C6D4-9A70-4E8B-BD23-BDF3098E6158.jpeg
CD5F8E9A-9E1D-4629-8770-4C77AD67D6D0.jpeg

I think you're doing everything right in giving her extra care. Sprains like any other injury takes time to heal. Some you can work in a few days others a bit longer. She will probably be back to her usual self in no time. You can keep on giving her warm baths and the extra care so you can not only give her a bit of relief but also measure how it's going for your piece of mind.

Hope your girl is doing better! I'm on here right now perusing the 'chicken is limping with no visible injuries' posts because my girl is in the same boat right now. Haven't tried the epsom salt bath yet, but I might try that out to see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom