help...my fellow chicken lovers...please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thortherooster

Songster
10 Years
Jun 10, 2009
CA
smile.png
i am doing a speech about the bad conditions that factory chickens go through and i need some help with research....please help me, my fellow chicken lovers.....
smile.png

Quote:

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you proposing? If you are for shutting down "chicken factories" then I wish you wouldn't say a thing. As bad as conditions are the world NEEDS chicken factories. Too many starving people and even poor people in this country to be overly concerned about cornish Xs that are bred to die for us anyway. My opinion.

i am proposing that chickens should not have to walk over eachother to eat or drink, not be stuck in a caged, and be able to go outside, eat soem bugs, i understand that people have to have chicken, but they do not have to be treated the way that they are being treated.....

I don't know if this will help any but this is a link someone posted in a forum I have going.

When my mom learned to test chickens, they used old factory birds to practice on. They tested on them, and then learned to kill a chicken by breaking th factory bird's neck. She said the birds look sad. At least thier out of thier misery.
sad.png

I live here in Tyson Country. There are chicken farms every where. I visited one once and it did seem too crowded and dirty. All the chickens where doing was scratching the floor like chickens do, sleeping, eating and laying eggs. After they get a certain age they gather them up and take them to the factory where they are made into nuggets and such. They are taken out of the cages which there are 1 or 2 in a cage and hung by their feet in these rack looking things that hold them there and they are carried into the factory by their feet by a conveyer of sorts and they go through a spot that I never saw that cuts their throats. Within about an hour or two they are frozen nuggets or filets. What ever they are making at the time.

I worked at the factory. Hated every second there. I worked in the freezer part. The only time I saw the chickens hanging was on the tour when I hired in. They do it as humanely as possible. Its better than being ripped apart by a coyote and haaving to fight for their lives that way.

The farms are the worst I think but from what I saw they really don't seem to care one way or the other. They have food and water 24/7 a place to lay their eggs and a floor to scratch and roll around on like chickens do. They do clean it and go in several times a day to look for dead chickens so they aren't living with anythng dead and rotting. But it is impossible to keep that many chickens clean.

With all the chicken that is consumed in this country this is the only way to keep up with the demand.

Cattle and pigs are given more room but if people knew what pigs eat they wouldn't eat pork. I'll just say its like recycling.

Quote:
There is no excuse for cruelty. It can be done efficiently in kinder ways.

From what i've seen, it isn't cruel. The chickens we raise on our own land do have it made and are treated great, but they are also for the most part, loved. The chickens that are in these factories are only loved when they are made into our favorite dishes. What I think is sad is when Tyson has their judging at the fair. Every year, Tyson offers kids the opportunity to raise 25 chickens to be judged at the fair and auctined off. The chickens don't go to the buyers, they go to Griffins. It is a processing plant that basically boils down waste to be made into dog food and make-up. The kids have to bring at least 3 chickens to be judged and all that they bring have to be serendered. Those chickens are tossed into a horse trailer and driven to Griffins. Most of these birds are nice fat and have been pampered. Then all of a sudden they are tossed away. I have no idea how they ill them. I hate to think about it. We did this once. When I found out what happens to the surendered chickens I decided never to do it again.

Now that is cruelty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom