Help, my quail broke her wing!

Qquails899

Songster
Dec 26, 2019
Hungary
My coturnix quail flew out of the cage and I found her on the floor all fluffed up, gasping and with a broken wing. I think she is in a shock so I put her back into the cage and put a hot water bottle next to her. What else should I do? Please help!

You can wrap her wing in a normal position to her body to help support it. She may be stunned or have a head or other internal injury. Just let her rest for a bit, hold off on wrapping the wing until she is out of shock. Offer some sips of water when she is alert. I don’t know much about quail, just chickens, but hopefully, she will be okay.

I don't know much about quails but if she was mine I would give her calpol syrup at 15 to 20mg per kilo body weight 6 hourly +/- ibuprofen syrup 10mg/kg 3 times daily and put a small plastic rod and wrap it with a tape along her wing, give her crushed and microwaved egg shells or fine oyster shell with high protein feed

I attempted to wrap her up in a towel but it wasn't the best idea. She escaped and I don't want to hurt her but her wing is surely broken.

No I wasn't able to do that. I think I only made it worse. What if I just leave her like this? Will it hurt for the rest of her life?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom