Help!!! My turkeys are dying!!

sweetjeanne

In the Brooder
Sep 17, 2015
I have a small flock of bronze orlop turkeys (was 21) and they are 15 weeks. They started dying one by one 5 days ago. There are no apparent parasites, worms or irregularities in their organs or flesh. At first we thought too many Toms < over half) and fighting but now they just get tired , sit down and die with in a matter of hours. They have been vaccinated for coccidiosis and mareks, no blood or irregular stool, and have been the picture of health. They are scheduled to be butchered in 6 days so I need HELP before I lose them all. 6 down in as many days, all Toms except one hen this morning. please help

any irregular behavior aggression , discolored dropping , any description on their behavior or physically wrong with them like crust or open wounds or not eating not drinking , to hot

No none of these? Normal behaviour other than Tom aggression which we attributed as too many toms and not enough hens, refular droppings and it hasn't been near as hot as it was in July. No wounds and they all had food in their bellies. I am at a loss
1f622.png

it may very well be aggression if they're stuck in a small area have you seen one die? like in the process or you go check and they're dead

Their inside roost would fit 3 horses and I thought of crowding (there were 21, now 14) first ones were just dead when checked in morning and I thought maybe they were smothered in sleep and the last two were tired, like almost when the big white ones get too fat to stand and the last one twitched for quite a while after I separated it from the rest before he died. The remaining are outside now in a 50 by 20 foot run and all seem fine - we have had rain so their run is pretty muddy

Back
Top Bottom