HELP!!! NEED ADVISE QUICK!

broodysilkies!?!

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 14, 2011
North Florida
Last night I had to move my broody hen that has been setting for 4 days from the ground to a nesting box and when I left her she was still setting on her 3 eggs and doin just fine other than being a little POed lol. I went out there this morning at 10 and she was setting on the dirt on the ground but at 7 this morning she was on the eggs in the nesting box.

Ok here's my question... If my hen was off her eggs from 7 to 10 will here eggs be ok or will they not hatch?

Please help me fast! Thanks for everything in advance.
Colby

i would like to have some wonderful advice for you. but i have really no clue.

i would think though it would depend on where u live. if ur in alberta like me the eggs probable wont have much of a chance because it was -6 this morning. but if ur in a warmer climate and the egg didnt get cold and the hen did go back and sat on it, i would think it should be ok??!! but honestly im so new at this, it really is just a guess.
but good luck

Do you have other hens that can get into the box to lay? They sometimes want the nest the broody has and get to a point they just can't hold the egg any longer and get in with the broody. Then your broody might of got off the nest. Or maybe she wasn't off the nest as long as your think she was.

All you can do is wait and see. In a few days you can candle one to see if its developing. I wouldn't worry they usually do a good job hatching eggs.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom