HELP! need companions for lone baby chick

jirons

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 19, 2013
Manahawkin, New Jersey
This is our first attempt at raising backyard chickens. We ordered 5 baby chicks that were hatched on Mon Dec 16. They arrived Wednesday Morning at 6 am. We were excited to open the package, only to find that only one of the 5 survived the trip.

We are now raising a lone baby chick, and are trying to find at least one companion for her.
Does anyone have, or know someone who has female chicks around the same age ( 3 days at the time of this writing 12-19-13) in New Jersey, or eastern Pennsylvania?
I am in the Manahawkin N.J. area (close to Long Beach Island)
We have some time off around Christmas and don't mind a day trip to go pick them up.

Thank you for your reply
I bought them through mypetchicken.com They are standing by their chicks and offered replacements, however, they now have a minimum of 15 chicks to ship until the spring, because of the recent cold weather.
I don't want to wait that long, and I don't want 15 chickens either!
We did the stuffed animal and the mirror too, thank you for that!

Usually, the hatcheries will refund or send replacement chicks. The ones I've ordered from are really good at that. You can do the mirror trick or go to a Feed store and see if they have any. Right now there's chicks being sold for 2-4$ at my feed store.

Oh that is so sad
hit.gif
have you called the shipper to see if
they will replace them ????
I have plenty for you as mine were hatched on the 11 12 13
but you are on the other side of the states
sad.png
Yes put in a little mirror for her to look in to ....

If you ever order chicks again in the winter ask for a heating
pad it is worth the 5 dollars ......... And on small orders I do
not understand why the seller did not demand you get one ...

And also
welcome-byc.gif
always nice to see a new chicken
farmer on here
smile.png

Try to enjoy you Christmas ......

gander007
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom