HELP ! Need hatching advise

Thank you.
I found that informative.
Because of the angle, we can't see the chick very well. Can you tell if the blood vessels are red and active? If they are, the chick isn't ready to come out yet. There's a very clear picture on the chick assisting article that shows a chick in the shell that has active blood vessels. It also explains how to keep the membrane moist if the membrane appears to be drying out. That "may" be something the chick may experience with having made a hole that size.

Has the chick been moving or made anymore progress?

Because of the angle, we can't see the chick very well. Can you tell if the blood vessels are red and active? If they are, the chick isn't ready to come out yet. There's a very clear picture on the chick assisting article that shows a chick in the shell that has active blood vessels. It also explains how to keep the membrane moist if the membrane appears to be drying out. That "may" be something the chick may experience with having made a hole that size.

Has the chick been moving or made anymore progress?
The chick is out but I think it may be malformed. There is a slender, clear fluid filled sack protruding from its bottom. Doesn't look right.

The chick is out but I think it may be malformed. There is a slender, clear fluid filled sack protruding from its bottom. Doesn't look right.
This could be the yolk sack that wasn't fully absorbed in the shell like it should have been. If it is the yolk sack, I think it should dry up or be absorbed by the morning. Please keep us updated!

Last edited:
Usually the sac is yellow because it's unabsorbed yolk. Is there much clear fluid? I'm hoping that the sac will be absorbed my morning, like coleson 12 says. It can be helpful to put the chick in a cup to up to prevent him from rupturing the sac.

If the sac breaks...there are ways of dealing with that. But hopefully it doesn't. :fl

Back
Top Bottom