Help Needed!

williams coop

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 5, 2013
North Carolina
I have a question of concern about my flock that I am hoping someone can help me with! Today I let my juveniles out to free range for about an hour, all fourteen of them. They usually don’t wonder far from their coop and as everybody knows, they feed on the grass, weeds, and any bugs that come into their radar. After about 30 minutes of free time, I suddenly remembered that I had sprayed grass and weed killer on Monday and the area that they like to hang out in on my property had been sprayed as well! This was 3 days ago, PLEASE somebody tell me that my flock will be OK or should I be very concerned? THANKS IN ADVANCE J

Ummmm...I would DEFINITELY be concerned. That's very recent, especially if it's the area they were hanging out and munching on. I would check to confirm the weed killer is toxic for animals or safe.

its a good idea to check the weed killer bottle if its toxic you can give charcoal pellets to help absorb the poison. you can also do a flush. with molasses and water for 8 hours and this would clean there systems. have you noticed any symptoms? are they behaving normally? hopefully its non toxic . what did the bottle say? update please

Well, everything seems to be ok so far and the girls are acting normal. I checked the container of grass and weed killer and it recommends that "children and pets not be allowed around treated area until product dries". I am thinking I am ok given since my hens are acting normal and I sprayed on Monday which was a warm and sunny day giving the spray plenty of time to "dry". I appreciate the help folks and sorry that I sounded an alarm but they are like my children. I will let ya'll know if there is any change.

Well, everything seems to be ok so far and the girls are acting normal. I checked the container of grass and weed killer and it recommends that "children and pets not be allowed around treated area until product dries". I am thinking I am ok given since my hens are acting normal and I sprayed on Monday which was a warm and sunny day giving the spray plenty of time to "dry". I appreciate the help folks and sorry that I sounded an alarm but they are like my children. I will let ya'll know if there is any change.
Great! So glad to hear :)

Thanks Khoe
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom