HELP! NEW CHICKENS & AGRESSIVE CURRENT FLOCK

Apr 7, 2023
Our current flock of 4 chickens has just become 3.
The 3 remaining chickens have bullied and pecked my poor girl to death.
We have 12 new girls getting ready to go outside and I'm terrified to integrate the flocks. Is there a possibility of them being able to coexist peacefully (assuming proper integration), or would it be better to rehome the 3 older girls?

Thanks you!

We have 12 new girls getting ready to go outside and I'm terrified to integrate the flocks. Is there a possibility of them being able to coexist peacefully (assuming proper integration), or would it be better to rehome the 3 older girls?

Thanks you!
 If they pecekd their OWN FREIND to death they should mabye be rehomed. Sorry:(

Thanks you!
keep the new chikens in whatever cage you have, but keep them in the coop

If you are adding 12, I am assuming you have a great deal of space. How old are the 12? I like to add mine earlier because they are quicker, and with safety zones, and hideouts, they can get away.

Do add multiple feed stations, set up where a bird eating at one, cannot see a bird eating at another.

I would try locking up the trio, and adding the twelve to the coop/run. But I would like to see a picture of your set up. Sometimes you have one mean biddy and the others follow along, getting in their licks too. If you pull out the meanest, sometimes you can do a reset. Sometimes not.

Mrs K

Back
Top Bottom