help!!!! now!!!!!!!!

mine always wonder but they always come right back too... for the first two weeks they would come to door of coop and just stand there they were to scared to walk out with rest of older birds now they go everywhere but come dusk they come right on back... yes i believe you should keep an eye on them but the same eye i keep on rest of my birds free ranging has proven to be enough just making sure their no predators attacking them

roo will protect some predators but cant fight off everything... usually u will hear the roo skreatch <---- (sorry for spelling) really loud and you see all your hens go flying to coop or running under bushes... its his warning sound

watch out for Marek's Disease then cause its a deadly one I did my own vaccination on mine cause i would hate to have a outbreak.. do some research on it and make a decision if you want to or not... some do some dont up to you

I have a silkie, she hatched out two babies about 5 weeks ago. Soon after my Rhode Island Red hen hatched her one baby...approx 2 weeks after the silkie. I placed both mammas and their babies into their very own area of the barn. It worked out great .. they shared the 12x12 stall ...each having their own nesting box. However, we gradually allowed them out ...in barnyard... Everyday. This past week, RI Red started to take her baby into the main coop to roost at night with the other 16 chickens.... 2nd night... When I went to look for the silkie and her two babies... I found the babies in the 12x12 stall chirping for their silkie mommy. I panic thinking something happened to The silkie. I looked everywhere. I found her in the main coop hiding under the other mother's wing (RI red) & baby. I grabbed her and put her with her babies waiting for her in the stall. Next night ...every night we found silkie momma under the wing of the other momma/ with her baby. Does this silkie think she is a baby chick to the RI Red momma? Tonight I put the silkie babies into main coop to be with their mother. The silkie was still under Big Red mammas wing again... while her babies roosted near her chirping for her. Has the silkie's babies drove her crazy that she is hiding or needing nurturing from another? I have never experience such behavior as this. What is your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom