HELP!!! OMG! HELP ME!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Good grief woman...I grabbed the shotgun and came running.
gig.gif

Exactly. Thank you for posting this reminder MissPrissy

I am new to BYC, but I am not new to chickens at all, but I have to agree that alot of the questions I've seen asked are easily solved with common sense. Also alot of question one should already know before they get chickens (yes there are exceptions to the rule), but it isn't too entirely hard to use the search option.

But I also think (not pointing fingers at all, talking in general), that someone should not judge the person's post by their username. Just because you might be a newer person on BYC doesn't mean you don't know anything, and they atleast have the brains to come here and try to find better care. One person's chickens and feelings are just as important as the next's, even if they may not have good 'bloodlines' etc.

I have been on some forums, some similar, where they would have a special thread stickied at the top, for 'minor' questions, that weren't too important and only required a one word answers. Now I haven't been in every section here on BYC, but that could be something to think about.

Just my opinion and thoughts on the matter..
roll.png

Very good point, Amos. We do know that post count has nothin to do with chicken experience. Jump in where you can. We all appreciate the help and answers.

Wow you really had me going there. I thought how could MissPrissy need help with anything?
gig.gif
I agree, those help help!!! posts are often not even opened by me, simply because there are so many of them, and once opened they say something like What color socks should I wear today?.
lau.gif

Last edited:
Ok, point made with this title. My poor heart can start again. I mentally was running around like the proverbial "Chicken with it's head chopped off!" and didn't have a clue where I was going. I just knew I was going to try to get there somehow. MissPrissy was calling!

Another point we may consider here also, is a good chance to help guide (by example) the young ones who visit this site, in correct etiquette so they too can learn how to get the information they might need.

might as well jump in the handbasket too if Miss Prissy's heading there...

A good point well spoken!

Last edited:
If I hadn't seen the name Miss Prissy, I probably wouldn't have looked. It frustrates me sometimes when a post is listed as an emergency call for help, then I read it and think, "why are you on the computer, instead taking care of the situation?"

As Miss Jayne says, it's better to do the homework first.

OK,
duc.gif

Well now that I recovered from finding out thankfully nothing is wrong with MissPrissy I can say a huge thank you for the info.

All I could think was "if something's wrong and SHE can't fix it, it's REALLLLLLLLLLLY bad!".

So relieved it was not what I thought!

Thanks for keeping us all informed and in line. I appreciate you and all the mods and great experienced folks on here. I've been able to keep sane with my newbieness because of you all.

Heartfelt
hugs.gif
:hugs:hugs:hugs to you all!

Quote:
I too was going to start grabbibng key, clothes, heat lamps, blankets.....whatever I thought I might need.
Thanks Miss Prissy....that was an eye opener.
This old heart needed a jump start this morning. GOT IT!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom