Help! Our ordinance is being voted on Tuesday, help us counter these arguments

Congratulations! Intelligence won out over stupidity.

Now Mr. (and I use that term loosely) Lane will call the cops if your grass gets to long.

Bruce
Well, Mr. Lane is not even our neighbor, so we probably don't have to worry about him. It's our neighbor we're worried about.

Well, Mr. Lane is not even our neighbor, so we probably don't have to worry about him. It's our neighbor we're worried about.
They will be looking for an excuse to reopen the issue. I recommend being the perfect neighbor. Keep the yard in good shape and the chickens out of sight. It also helps to gift eggs to close neighbors regularly. You should have extras.

Most importantly, they know where you post on line. So you want to avoid forum posts or facebook updates that place you in a bad light. So you want to avoid Pictures of barefoot children in the yard. Picture of a chicken walking on a stove or kitchen counter. Things like that.

Riki

Last edited:
I think we all wish we lived in a society that allowed chickens no matter where we live. Unfortunately we don't. That being said, I had kept an 'illegal' backyard flock, not because my city didn't allow it, but by my fear to go down to the health dept. and actually fill out the form for a permit. I was afraid that I would be told "no" and then they would know that I had chickens and would have to rehome them. I took the plunge last fall and my fears were unfounded. I already had 4 hens and asked for a permit for 8.......no problem. This year I requested a permit for 10......no problem either. I feel much better knowing that they are now 'legal'. I never had any problems with any of my neighbors who knew I had them but there was always a worry about someone who might move into the area. Now, I just don't care or worry what they think.

Back
Top Bottom