Help! Pasty Butt

How is that Silkie doing?  Hope all is well with her. ;)
She is doing great!!! Thanks so much for asking. Her name is Winnie and she's full of spunk. After I posted her pasty butt worsened and I had to give her bum a total wet down followed by blow drying (spa treatment). It was fine from then on. She's much smaller than her sibling but doing great!

Ok, I have dealt with pasty butt. But I have 2 that I hatched out that have diarrhea seeping out all over them. I clean their butts at least 3 times a day. Only the babies out of my true Araucana are doing this. I am wondering if this is because they are tailless. The Roo is an Ameraucana. All my other Ameraucana chicks are doing great. Last Summer when I actually found a couple of her eggs and hatched them the same thing happened and they died. Only her chicks are doing this and she happens to be my favorite hen. I really want some of her babies. I check on them shortly after a cleaning and its a eewy gooey mess.

I really don't wanna lose this little gem.

Ever read a bottle of Peroxide?
False claims is right... Like saying it don't burn. And how would a human know that? Speak chicken? Also being that I am not dumb enough to put it around any of my orifices I wouldn't do it to an animal.
  • WARNINGS
    For external use only.
  • DO NOT USE
    in the eyes or apply over large areas of the body • longer than one week - • on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or on serious burns. Do not use if there is irritation or redness.

Hi Harborotter, I'm sorry that members seems to overlook your request for advice. Maybe in the future, if firstly you check out the Learning Centre for guidance and then make your own post you may be more likely to get a response.

Sorry about your losses

CT

Both are dead.  Wow, nobody offered any advice?

Sorry for your loss. If you want help, and want to make sure that people see the post, try to start a new thread of your own in the emergency thread. Many people don't look at threads that are from so many years ago. I can't be of much help in a diagnosis in the cause of death. With new chicks, they are all very susceptible to infection whether in the incubator or just after hatching from anything from dirty eggs in the incubator to other causes.

Back
Top Bottom