Help! Pheasant and Chukar hatching eggs.

Hope0491

Songster
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
VA/PA
O.k... I've looked online.... and I found out there's diff. humidity levels on EACH website page I go too. haha... so, could someone PLEASE tell me the proper humidity level, temp. and any other info regarding incubation on pheasant and chukar eggs? I got some from a friend of mine... and I've looked up info in a hatching book I have.... and I "thought" I knew what to do and what to set my incubator at.... but I went online to double check before I put them in... and I have gone to 3 diff. sites and they all tell me diff. Humidity and Temp. levels.

Thanks so much! - I would really like to get them in tonight/tomorrow morning 'cause we are going away on Wednesday and someone's watching the bator's for us. I want to make sure everything is functioning properly.
smile.png

Thanks Again!
~Lacey

Thanks for the website Jean!!
smile.png

I always keep my silkie eggs at 55 humidity.... but the chukar and pheasant are asking for in the 80's.... but if you look on the chart.... it says that the chicken eggs should be around there. So, my new question is.... can I keep them together? prob. not, right? since I have my chicken humid. so low.

I had the same trouble with finding the info. I have some pheasant eggs that are starting to pip today here is what did. I got my eggs from a peasant hatchery near me. They hatch out thousands a year. So i am going by what they instructed. I kept my humidity around 50 % the first 20 days and then upped it to 70% the last few days. I ran out of room in the one bator and had to put some of the eggs in with my chickens. They were all set at the same time. I ended up buying another bator to use as a hatcher for the chickens. I had 100 % hatch on my chickens. My pheasant eggs all seem good and have been rocking and pipping. They should start hatching with in 24 hours. I will let you know how it goes and what i end up with.

Well so far so good. I have 4 that have hatched and more that are pipped. I went to get feed for them last night and the guy said yep 70 % or so and no more then 80%. I have kept the humidity at 70 to 74. They are little go getters. I put them in a seperate bator to dry because they go go go and have the other eggs going every where. They have long legs and can move fast. I will let you know how many i end up with. I have 26 and am hoping for 10 to 12 to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom