Help please are these Roos?

Tray sea

Hatching
Jan 27, 2024
11 and 1/2 weeks. My gut says cockerels but I need help.
Arucana, naked neck, Brahma and Ancona

Attachments

• IMG_6981.jpeg
    IMG_6981.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6980.jpeg
    IMG_6980.jpeg
    710.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6979.jpeg
    IMG_6979.jpeg
    297.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6978.jpeg
    IMG_6978.jpeg
    600.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6977.jpeg
    IMG_6977.jpeg
    620.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6974.jpeg
    IMG_6974.jpeg
    844.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6973.jpeg
    IMG_6973.jpeg
    867.5 KB · Views: 9
11 and 1/2 weeks. My gut says cockerels but I need help.
Arucana, naked neck, Brahma and Ancona
Your gut is probably right.
The naked neck and the Ancona are more obvious, but I think the other two are probably male as well.

What country are you in? That is not the kind of Araucana we have in the USA (where I live), but I know that Araucanas in some other countries have other traits. In the USA, an Araucana would have a pink or red pea comb (instead of a black single comb), and would not have a crest of feathers on top of the head.

Brahmas are supposed to have pea combs. It's hard to tell because of the angle of the photo, but his comb doesn't look quite like a pea comb to me.

Your gut is probably right.
The naked neck and the Ancona are more obvious, but I think the other two are probably male as well.

What country are you in? That is not the kind of Araucana we have in the USA (where I live), but I know that Araucanas in some other countries have other traits. In the USA, an Araucana would have a pink or red pea comb (instead of a black single comb), and would not have a crest of feathers on top of the head.

Brahmas are supposed to have pea combs. It's hard to tell because of the angle of the photo, but his comb doesn't look quite like a pea comb to me.
I’m in Australia

Back
Top Bottom