Help Please! Goose taken in broad daylight while....

Beautiful place! Don't take this the wrong way, I grew up in Massachusetts. Lakes to me were always large bodies of water. Anything smaller than say 100 acres were considered a pond. So when you said lake I thought it might be possible there were gators. (still might be if the conservation lake is in the trinity watershed). Anyhow, predators are everywhere even in the suburbs. This should not influence whether you keep the birds you want to or not. The predators are around no matter where you live and will always be a risk. As far as not seeing it, I am an avid hunter and all my years out in the field I have only witnessed one predator attack. It was just a hawk gliding in and landing on a rabbit. Believe me predatory animals are so quick and good at what they do, if you saw it then it was a mistake or you just got lucky.
What about Billington Sea? Tom

This last June a fox took 13 of my pullets and 2 ducks in a matter of 3-4 hours. I would have never found out what took them but the greedy sucker came back the very next day at the exact time I figured the massacre took place and I was waiting for him with some lead. I searched my 40 acres high and low and found no feathers anywhere!!! So a coyote would be my guess of what took that goose.

Back
Top Bottom