HELP PLEASe have a bullying problem

JENNYS HENNYS 1

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 5, 2014
:barnie:idunno okay guys I need some help I have Araucana who is getting bullied it first started when she was with her sisters and her I had 20 Pullets all of them are 8 weeks old this started about five weeks old I separated her with two other of her sisters that were getting bullied just a little for two weeks and then put them back together for two days and then it started all over again on the same one not as bad separated them again for about a week just tried to put them back in together and of course they go straight for her I don't know what to do at this point I really love her absolutely beautiful sweet and gentle and she's definitely is at the bottom of the pecking order but dont want to see her get Pecked to death please give me some advice if you have any

Last edited:
This is what I've done...but as a last resort....but it has worked beautifully....

I too had a pecking problem. My little EE bantam was starting to get some serious injuries from pecking. Out of desperation I contacted our local feed store and they sent me home with a can of pine tar made for horse hooves. We dabbed a good amount on her where she was getting pecked. Almost overnight it stopped. I think it tastes terrible to them, and they won't peck again to avoid it.

This was less than a week ago. No new injuries have shown up and while she's bald on her head, her skin is pink and healthy looking. The pine tar seems to wear off after a day or two. We only had to reapply once. We aren't planning to do it again unless the pecking returns.

Steny 03 will have to try that I have separated them tree times now and they still go after her she has two friend with her that are not pecking. I read it is much better to have more then just one when butting them back together I did keep her by her self when thy drew blood the first time till it had heeled I am going to try his and hope it will do the trick thank you very much!!

Last edited:
This is what I've done...but as a last resort....but it has worked beautifully....

I too had a pecking problem. My little EE bantam was starting to get some serious injuries from pecking. Out of desperation I contacted our local feed store and they sent me home with a can of pine tar made for horse hooves. We dabbed a good amount on her where she was getting pecked. Almost overnight it stopped. I think it tastes terrible to them, and they won't peck again to avoid it.

This was less than a week ago. No new injuries have shown up and while she's bald on her head, her skin is pink and healthy looking. The pine tar seems to wear off after a day or two. We only had to reapply once. We aren't planning to do it again unless the pecking returns.
Sometimes the "good 'ol days remedies" are the best...I'll keep that in the back of my mind (what's left of it!) for future reference!!
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom