Help please, is this bumble foot?

Do you have access to PRID? It can be used to help bring the rest of the infection up to the surface over a day or two instead of digging back in and looking for it.

Amazon.com: Smile's PRID Drawing Salve by Hyland's, Relief of Topical Pain and Skin Irritations, 18 grams: Beauty

If you have a strong stomach for pus and blood and boils, read the reviews - of folks using PRID to get all manner of infections to come out. Otherwise - I would apply it to the foot and bandage it, leave it for at least one day. Then check it - see if it needs another day (apply again, bandage).
Not in Australia :( I have Splintex, suppose to draw out splinters in humans should I try that?

Not in Australia :( I have Splintex, suppose to draw out splinters in humans should I try that?

Based on what I turned up when searching for it, it does say "splinters, thorns and exudates (ooze & pus)" - so I'd give it a shot, myself, especially if the other option is more surgical digging.

I'd keep going with Epsom Salt soaks, and then apply the Splintex after the soak, wrapping the foot. I would expect the 'bubble' to get bigger as the infection comes to a head- that's what drawing salves do. You can always dive back in there with a scalpel to extract it if the Splintex isn't effective after a couple of days, but may as well give it a chance to make your job easier!

Or perhaps there's an ichthammol drawing salve available to you that runs under a brand name I have no clue exists - it is one of the ingredients in PRID.

Today, soak in Epsom salt again, wiped with betadine then applied Splintex, rebandaged. See if that will help draw it out before I dig in again. ..Post is so slow unfortunately the antibiotic ointment hasn't arrived yet, maybe tomorrow hopefully.
IMG20210104123718.jpg

IMG20210104124935.jpg
IMG20210104124731.jpg

Heya.
You are doing amazing.
Just wondered if this would be any more effective (I think magnoplasm make the splintex also) only because this one is for boils and carbuncles etc?
I haven’t used it on my chooks, but it was just a thought I had when reading your post. It was what my mum would use for drawing out splinters and glass and stuff when we were kids.

Attachments

• 9F3E39FB-CF91-45A1-9F7A-D553CF5D2BE7.png
    9F3E39FB-CF91-45A1-9F7A-D553CF5D2BE7.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Heya.
You are doing amazing.
Just wondered if this would be any more effective (I think magnoplasm make the splintex also) only because this one is for boils and carbuncles etc?
I haven’t used it on my chooks, but it was just a thought I had when reading your post. It was what my mum would use for drawing out splinters and glass and stuff when we were kids.
Great thanks! Chemist Warehouse looks like they have that special on now. I can grab a tub of that Magnoplasm tomorrow morning. See how that goes! :fl

Back
Top Bottom