Help please with our sick chicks!

BlueMoon

Songster
12 Years
Oct 3, 2007
Scenic Verbank, NY
About four weeks old, two just seemed off. Kind of huddled up, resting on hocks. Then I noticed a hen knock one over! Like it just tipped.

I took them out and noticed they were warm, legs seemed swollen and their butts were enlarged, all puffy.

A little while later, the bigger one (that tipped) started twisting around, clearly in agony. Throwing its head back, gasping. I picked it up and it died. A milky goo started running out of it's beak and then I noticed I had its bloody stool all over me.

What could it be? I am so concerned they all die or that we can get sick from whatever it is that killed this one.

I've been treating them for cocci since right before that one took sick. No one else has died, including the one I took out with the now dead one. This morning, so about four days into Corrid, another one is all huddled and gasping. I've quarantined it and it's under a heat lamp, in the 80 degree heat we're having. It's tremendously light, as if it's starved, but shows no interest in feed and yogurt. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom