Help please!!!!

Cheppy Cheep

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2023
Hi
I am driving myself crazy. I am posting pick. I believe my bird is sick! I have noticed my bird scratching around it's ear. I have had them for 10 weeks and they are sweet birds. However the farm I got them from agreed to take them back of they were roo's we can't have them here. However they are crossed. The six of them grew up so much faster than the ones I got from a hatchery. So I don't know what they are?
However Blue is scratching around his ears Bee the bard rock is doing the same. There are none of them in total in our pin. The pin moves around our yard. So I thought it might be stress! Can someone help me.
Worried chick mom

Attachments

• IMG_20230428_185105144.jpg
    IMG_20230428_185105144.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20230428_185055432.jpg
    IMG_20230428_185055432.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20230428_185020329_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230428_185020329_HDR.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230428_185040443_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230428_185040443_HDR.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230428_185014000_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230428_185014000_HDR.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 4
They might be getting bit by bugs or mosquitoes. I would also check the your birds for mites and lice. You can use permethrin poultry dust to kill the bugs.

If you have loose dry dirt patch in your yard keep them there so they can dust bath all day. It will clean there skin and feathers.

Is it constant scratching? My 10 week olds scratch their heads because they have new feathers coming in.
Have you checked them for mites?
They do it off and on and now I am seeing two more do the same. They have scratched around there ears so much that it's bloody and when I flush it out and clean it with a qui- tip they hope done and just start scratching. If this is mights how do I treat it. I know my cats have them and once one gets it they all get it. However it could be yeast too. But right now I want the scratching to stop. I am worried about infection in an open wound.

Always get the 13.3% and not the 10%. mix as directed and spray or dip your birds. Then spray the coop, roost, nest boxes, roof, ground...
They are in a hoop coop and we moved it again Friday. They have plastic crates to roost on. The boards are new and the hate them. They never used a nesting box so they isn't much to clean but I will do anything to have by birds healthy again. I there a way to prevent them?

Always get the 13.3% and not the 10%. mix as directed and spray or dip your birds. Then spray the coop, roost, nest boxes, roof, ground...
Can my cats get them? I have 6 cats inside. What should I do. I have them on my office right now.

They might be getting bit by bugs or mosquitoes. I would also check the your birds for mites and lice. You can use permethrin poultry dust to kill the bugs.

If you have loose dry dirt patch in your yard keep them there so they can dust bath all day. It will clean there skin and feathers.
That's just it. I have checked all the places where they should have those buggies and they are just as clean as can be. I wish I knew what this was. It's spreading. My husband thought gnats or the blood suckers too. They are horrible here in SC. They are in a hoop coop for now. Plan on something better very shortly.

They have been bathing a lot here lately as and are almost refusing to go up at night. Something is wrong. My big girls are going up fine. It's my six littles I am struggling with. Though about asking for help from the feed and seed store in my town. Maybe they would know. I want them better. I enjoy them so much.

I also thought about pouring DE in those patches where they like to bath.

Back
Top Bottom