I'm wondering if she's attempting to lay again and she's sore or inflamed. I hate drugging birds but do you have the meloxicam still?
She finished her dosage. He only gave enough for 5 days for inflammation. I have my own meloxicam leftover. I don't know if that's the same.

It likely isnt. I'd call your vet in the morning, see what advice he can give you.
I'm also wondering if it could be stress related. Tonight I saw her poop a little but I can't tell if she's losing weight or just feathers. I've been spraying them with mite spray but don't see any. She also finally laid down on the perch. Near where her keel is has feathers missing and around her crop. She's never been broody. But I really don't know if she's losing weight. Her crop had some food in it as well.

Hi…I’m not an expert in Chicken medicine, but I’ve been an ER nurse for longer than I care to mention;). The only thing that I can think of that sounds similar in a human condition…would be a secondary irritation/superinfection due to antibiotics…sort of like when women get yeast infections after taking meds for a UTI, or when people develop a type of colitis called clostridium difficile after taking a long course of antibiotics for a Pneumonia or a blood infection. Have you tried adding a probiotic like the ones made by sav-a-chic or purina to her water? Just throwing darts…i hope your sweet hen recovers quickly❤️

I'm also wondering if it could be stress related. Tonight I saw her poop a little but I can't tell if she's losing weight or just feathers. I've been spraying them with mite spray but don't see any. She also finally laid down on the perch. Near where her keel is has feathers missing and around her crop. She's never been broody. But I really don't know if she's losing weight. Her crop had some food in it as well.
Stress can trigger molting. Have you ever wormed her?

Hi…I’m not an expert in Chicken medicine, but I’ve been an ER nurse for longer than I care to mention;). The only thing that I can think of that sounds similar in a human condition…would be a secondary irritation/superinfection due to antibiotics…sort of like when women get yeast infections after taking meds for a UTI, or when people develop a type of colitis called clostridium difficile after taking a long course of antibiotics for a Pneumonia or a blood infection. Have you tried adding a probiotic like the ones made by sav-a-chic or purina to her water? Just throwing darts…i hope your sweet hen recovers quickly❤️
Thank you. My mom was a nurse. She had copd and emphysema and got double pneumonia. I'm just mentioning that cause I find it ironic. But yeah I was thinking that but didn't want to assume and make things worse.

Stress can trigger molting. Have you ever wormed her?
When they were younger. I haven't had a worm issue since. I'll show you a picture of her poop I took this morning. Maybe it'll help.

Attachments

• 20230506_131953.jpg
    20230506_131953.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom