Help please

mrgreeny11

Chirping
Jul 31, 2013
Collingwood Park QLD Australia
Hi long story but it's winter here in oz. I have khaki Campbell ducks, the female hatched a duckling 3 days ago. I thought I would wait for the rest to just hatch, I heard peeping from atleast one egg,
This arvo when I got home from work the mother was sitting on her one little duckling OUTSIDE of the nest box, all the eggs were cold. So I checked the eggs all were bad except for one, I opened it and there was a very cold duckling. I thought it was dead but it chirped. I then held it in my hands for 1/2 hour to warm it up and it has responded well. Now I have it under a lamp so. What should I do now. It's breathing and moving a fair bit:/

Sorry for the loss of the little duckling
hugs.gif
... I think you did what you could but like you said, it was just to cold for too long... How is the momma doing with the other ducking???

Sadly the duckling passed away, I was hopeful because it was moving around and chirping and looking strong but it must have been to much for it.
I'm also not sure how to delete this thread.
It is nice to leave threads up for future reference for those who may encounter a similar situation. At least that is my two cents on the issue.

Back
Top Bottom