Help!?! Possible twins.

Yes here it is. Sorry for bad quality it's really hard to get to and see because it got pushed in the back of the bator.

It was making the crack larger for about 15min. but it has stopped now for about 20.
That's not actually zipping. It looks more like a pressure crack to me. Me, personally, cause I am such a meddler...
wink.png
would pull it out and candle and see if you are dealing with one malepositioned or twins. If it is a single, he could be trying to reposition and pushing against the shell would cause the crack. Or you may be right and there maybe two and it may just be a bit crowded.
hu.gif

Oooookk. I just got done. It seems like it is just one chick. When I candled it I couldn't see the air cell, it was completely dark in the egg, and then I tapped it to listen for two peeps and I heard only one, I also felt the egg and felt one heartbeat not two. I'm hoping that this was just a one chick all along and I don't find anything else when it hatches, but thanks for your help. It does look like its zipping now. Let me post a pic. :)

Yes that's what I'm going to do, it's now almost 3:30, but I'll wait some more. It hasn't done anything since the last picture, it looks the same.
I just had the other EE hatch though! :celebrate it looks like it's going to be black and have a few yellow spots, it's dad is a golden laced wayndotte.

Last edited:
I got some good news! It hatched! And at 6:45! It doing great and there was no twins.

But I will be needing to make a new help thread, because my only coco maroon pipped on the opposite side it's supposed too. Thanks so much for everyone's help! Guess this little one just got turned around. ;)

Back
Top Bottom