HELP! Quail hatch day slippery floor!

Rafnel

Chirping
Jul 30, 2022
Colorado
I'm kind of freaking out, I'm on my second attempt of quail hatching (first attempt nothing hatched) and my first quail has officially hatched. About 1 hour ago. It has been trying to stand for an hour but just keeps slipping. The floor of the incubator is just this dumb plastic flooring and I never thought to put drawer liner down or something!

Should I intervene? Other eggs have yet to hatch but have multiple pips. Don't want to open the incubator and ruin the others. Don't want to let these chicks get splayed leg though because I have no clue how I will fix splayed leg if all these little guys get it!

Will they be ok? Is it normal to struggle to stand for the first couple hours even on non-slippery floors? Do i take the quail out? It keeps doing the splits to try to stand up, the thing is so dang frustrated!!! I'm getting frustrated just watching!!!!

Incubator is this 99.99 Kebonnixs incubator on Amazon. Has been great except for the floor!!!! Pls anyone am I being irrational?

Well I took her out and put her in the brooder, she was doing way too many splits trying to stand and it was just freaking me out. The humidity went from 60 -> 40 in that 5 seconds but has climbed back up.

Incubator is this 99.99 Kebonnixs incubator on Amazon. Has been great except for the floor!!!! Pls anyone am I being irrational?
Hi! It probably has splay legs, don’t worry. Wait for the majority to hatch. Once they do search up “how to help a chick with splay legs”.If you open the incubator the humidity will have a sudden drop which will cause some eggs to shrink wrap.

That's what I read too :( I already opened it and moved the chick to the brooder. Will just leave the others alone. I was just freaking out. Can't believe i didn't think to put non-slip stuff down
Oh ok. What’s your humidity at? You need to make it a little higher now.

That's what I read too :( I already opened it and moved the chick to the brooder. Will just leave the others alone. I was just freaking out. Can't believe i didn't think to put non-slip stuff down
I also usually put paper towel down so it’s soft but gives a little grip.

Ever since I opened the incubator to move the baby quail, I haven't seen any major movements in the other eggs :/. Worried I shrink wrapped them. Have been continually topping off water for an hour and managed to increase humidity to 64%. I think I need to just go to sleep and hope that there will be some new progress by morning. I don't want to think about the possibility that I doomed the single quail to loneliness :(

Back
Top Bottom