help quails had chicks without incubator

Yes Corturnix quails. since seperating there is less fighting :)...... but the black n white male is brutal with the females when he wants "some" :(

for now hes happy with his one female in another space in the avairy. my 9 year old daughter would never let me release him anyways. hes friendly..... but so is the other male. so for now they both are happy.

Have you read enough of this forum to realize the one male is almost certain to kill one female? & even one make will most likely kill only two female?

I let bob whites out of their flight pen to run around my shack. They have hatched their own eggs & I've seen them bring their clutch up to the house, Not sure if they made it but yes they can hatch their own eggs. I guess if you let your coturnix out at an early age they would do the same. Never had them hatch in the pen though & I've tried before.

Coturnix are migratory, if you leave them out they will migrate. They also have thousands of years of domestication that has removed most of their instincts to flee predators.

The op above this post is probably right. I have coturnix but never have let them out because they live in such a small pen they can't fly very good. My bob whites live in a giant flight pen & are conditioned for flight.

Back
Top Bottom