Help sexing Salmon Favorelle

I'm hoping she is a girl
1f60a.png
i said no roos but after falling in love with them i don't think i could get rid of any...but i am hoping so we can have plenty of eggs..i have 11 chicks and 12 is the limit where we live
I think you're good, because I'm pretty dang sure it's a pullet. Another thing, males usually have almost solid white heads, depending on the stock. There's a lot of brown on her head.

My SF cockerel at about 5 weeks for comparison. There's a tiny bit of brown and black on his head, but note the black beard coming in, his red comb, and the very dark body. Your chick looks a lot like my pullet (whom will not hold still for a picture) but with slightly darker brown feathers.

I think you're good, because I'm pretty dang sure it's a pullet. Another thing, males usually have almost solid white heads, depending on the stock. There's a lot of brown on her head. My SF cockerel at about 5 weeks for comparison. There's a tiny bit of brown and black on his head, but note the black beard coming in, his red comb, and the very dark body. Your chick looks a lot like my pullet (whom will not hold still for a picture) but with slightly darker brown feathers.
Oh yes my baby definitely isn't that dark but he is such a handsome boy!! Thank u this helps a lot....Penelope used to be very shy and would flap and run for the hills when i would try to pick her up but she has become very cuddly now..think maybe it's because my older chicks tend to pick on her...that pecking order breaks my heart

Back
Top Bottom